Monday, January 12, 2015

I'M BACK...

... back from my trip to Israel.  Back from the nightmare world of cross-stitched baby blankets.  And no, I did not finish the blanket before I left so I could present it to my grand-niece while I was there.  Nor did I finish it during my stay.  Or during my 14-hour stint in the Tel Aviv airport on my way home.  Or as soon as I got back on Thursday afternoon.  I finished it yesterday


and mailed it today.  FYI, the kit was entitled "Sleepy Bunnies," lest you think there's something seriously wrong with the two on the bottom.  They're just very, very sound sleepers, okay?
     So.  My trip.  I got to attend my niece's beautiful wedding.  As did my mom, shown here in her apartment, all dressed up and ready to go:


  Shouldn't we all look so good at 92?  And the flights were long, so I got to read THE FUTURE HISTORY OF GLORY O'BRIEN on the way there (review and giveaway to follow once I get over my jetlag), and most of ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE on the way back. 
     And here's a wedding placecard you don't see every day:


     No, Zuck was not actually invited, but he could have been.  And my nephew's wife, whose task it was to make up the placecards, decided to make one for him anyway, and seat him at a nonexistent table, because she thought it wasn't fair (to the rest of us, of course) that he hadn't been invited.  Because after all, my niece's groom was Number Four.  As in, the fourth person to sign up for Facebook.  Because he was a suitemate of Zuckerberg's at Harvard - the only one not depicted in the movie, as far as I can tell, because he was the only one who never got involved at all in the enterprise and, hence, was the only one not to make a dime out of Facebook.  Instead, as soon as he graduated college, he moved to Israel to study to be a rabbi.  Yeah, so long, Mark.  Good luck with that whole social media thing, okay?  So my niece did not marry a billionaire.  She just married a really nice man who never cared about money or fame because his priorities lay elsewhere.  In other words, she married the perfect guy for her.
     I have a lot of other things to blog about after my three-week hiatus, but it's all going to have to wait for another day.  Meanwhile, I'm glad I went on my journey, and I'm even gladder to be back home. 
    

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Mark missed out on a nice wedding ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trip! Just as well that MZ wasn't there - I think your niece's groom sounds absolutely wonderful. And your mom is gorgeous. Mine is a month from 91, and she's in great shape also. Aren't we lucky? Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a joy to write a post and have my dear Blog Sisters respond! Thank you all! And it's almost as great a joy to somehow have regained the ability to leave comments on my own blog. I have no clue what I was doing wrong before, or what I'm doing correctly now, but I'm just going to chalk it up to a miracle and not question any further. YAHOO!!

    ReplyDelete