Sunday, December 21, 2014

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT

     I'm taking a very brief break from my self-imposed cross-stitching isolation booth just to share this fabulous N.Y. Times review of A.S. King's latest novel, GLORY O'BRIEN'S HISTORY OF THE FUTURE:  http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/books/review/glory-obriens-history-of-the-future-by-a-s-king.html?_r=0.  As anyone could easily learn by scrolling through my posts, I'm a huge A.S. King fan and I think kudos like this are long past due for her.  She is a true original, and I want to be like her when I grow up, except that I'm much older than she is and therefore, presumably, already more grown up, but I find that debatable.  Sadly, I haven't read GLORY yet, but I'm going to order it as soon as I finish this post, and maybe someday (post-baby-blanket-from-hell) actually have a chance to read it!  And if you're not cross-stitching a baby blanket, you have absolutely no excuse for not going out and buying this book for yourself right now, with extra copies for your favorite readers.  Because A.S. King just keeps getting better and better.

2 comments:

  1. A.S King always gets rave reviews from you, I'll be sure to look into Glory O' Brian!
    I'm stopping by your lovely blog after quite a while now because I'm very inactive on the blogosphere. Hope you had a good Hanukah. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aqsa! I've been missing in action, but I'm so glad you stopped by! Hope your holidays were happy too.

    ReplyDelete