Thursday, September 11, 2014

CONTEST FAIL

Well.  My attempt to crowdfund my Avon Walk participation has proven to be a complete dud.  Despite my offer of fabulous prizes, I only got two donations as a result of my begging: one from my brother-in-law, and one from my son.  Neither of them has requested a critique, a funny poem, or even a batch of cookies in exchange, which probably means that it didn't even qualify as a real contest.  Lesson learned.
     Nothing went horribly wrong for me this week, but I can't say that anything went right either, and there's not a thing in the world I feel like posting about, so I'm just going to crawl off into my cave and hope that tomorrow I'll wake up and feel like smiling.  Do you ever have weeks like this?



NEWSFLASH:  Make that three donations!  And a big thank you shout-out to my very generous mother-in-law, who apparently still reads my blog!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it didn't work out. Yes, lots of weeks like that! End of summer blues...

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, I'm sorry you have sucky weeks too, because sucky weeks suck, right? Here's hoping we both snap out of it soon!

      Delete