GAK! I thought it had only been a week since I last blogged, not almost two!! I've been doing other things (I say defensively), among them:
1. Revising like crazy - trying to plug up plot holes and move some things around in my book to create a better fit. Still miles to go before I submit, but I'm getting there.
2. Went on a lovely ride with my husband on our new tandem bike.
3. Traveled to Baltimore last weekend to visit my mother-in-law and see my son. His 25th birthday was on Saturday, and he and his girlfriend drove in from D.C. for dinner that night to celebrate with us (before heading back for his REAL party - the one with his friends).
4. Worked. That thing I do at my office every day.
5. Planned a getaway at Princeton with my two law school buddies for this coming weekend.
6. Took my daughter shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond for bags and bags full of stuff for her dorm room.
7. Had a farewell dinner last night for Michele, the very soul of my longtime critique group, who is moving from New Jersey to Cape Cod at the end of this month, although I've decided to pretend that she really isn't.
Wow. It actually sounds like I've been busy, doesn't it? I can't always keep track. Anyway, I know this is a crappy post, but I haven't had any time to write/revise so far this week, and I need to get back to it. Wait - Isn't summer supposed to be relaxing or something?