Thursday, January 9, 2014

GOODBYE, POLAR VORTEX; HELLO, SUNSHINE & LUCKY!


     I am really honored and really excited, because Holly Schindler is going to make this blog one of the stops on her virtual book tour for her debut middle-grade novel, THE JUNCTION OF SUNSHINE AND LUCKY, releasing on February 6th.  There are quite a few of us Holly Groupies, and Holly made us an offer that was impossible to refuse: we could compose a list of interview questions to ask either her or her main character;  have her do a guest post on our blogs; or... or...  I don't remember what most of the other choices were, but I do remember the one I chose: ask her a question and have her record her answer in a vlog, which we would then be able to post.  Well, Holly just sent me her vlog in response to my question, and it's just what one would expect: informative, insightful, and down-to-earth.  I'll be posting it here on January 25th, so please make a note of the date and show up here to listen to Holly's words of wisdom!
     And, although you won't get to meet young Auggie until February 6th, in the meantime you can buy and read Holly's two published YA novels - about which I've interviewed her - just to get yourself into the mood! And also because in the vlog, Holly talks about all three of her books, so you'll want to have read the first two.
     So, is it a date?  Check back in here any time you want, but make sure to meet me and Holly here on January 25th!!






2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to be a stop on Holly's tour too. I've been a Holly Groupie for a while. She's pretty much my role model for living the children's writer life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take note, everyone: Jody blogs very entertainingly at www.jodycasella.com, and her ghostly debut YA novel, THIN SPACE, was released in 2013.

      Delete