Monday, October 22, 2012

''ASK THE PASSENGERS" BOARDING CALL!

     Yes, A.S. King Airline's "Ask the Passengers" flight is scheduled to launch tomorrow, and it's time to get on board.  This book has generated a lot of buzz in recent weeks, and it deserves all of it.  A.S. King was gracious enough to answer my interview questions about ATP last month, and here is the link.  But today she blogged about the book so much more eloquently than I ever could, so here is that link too.  Her message is deeply simple: love is love.  And I will quote Janis Joplin, who is the only person I ever heard sing "Get It While You Can," so to my mind, she owns that song, even if someone else wrote it.

     In this world - If you read the papers, darlin' -
     Everybody's fighting - oh! - with each other,
     And there's no one you can count on,
     Not even your own brother.
     So if anybody should come along
     Wants to give you his love and affection,
     I say: get it while you can. Get it while you can.
     Don't you turn your back on love.

     Astrid Jones in "Ask the Passengers," out of all the options available to her, chooses love, and I think you will find it impossible not to love her in return. I know I did.  Do yourself a favor and get to know her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment