Sunday, May 20, 2018

I'M WAY AHEAD OF YOU, GOOGLE!!

     So today Google is celebrating cartographer Abraham Ortelius, which is fabulous, but I do feel compelled to mention that I told my blog readers all about Ortelius way, way back in April of 2015, during the A to Z Challenge, when my topic was MY SUPERSWEET SIXTEENTH CENTURY.  It was a pretty good post, if I say so myself, and so were my other ones that month.  Just saying.  If you want to meet 26 fascinating 16th-century people, look at all my posts from that April!  Because I'll share my little secret with you: deep at heart, I'm a 16th-century person who somehow ended up living in the 20th and 21st centuries, and I can't make heads or tails of either one of my "home" centuries, but follow me to the 1500's and I'll be the best guide you've ever had!

   

3 comments:

  1. I think it's cool that you know you come from/belong in the 16th century. I'm sure you've been there/lived then. I've been reading a fun sci-fi (kinda), time-traveling suspense series which begins with the book Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor. What I love about the series (the author is an historian) is how her characters travel to different centuries in our world history and her writing makes you feel as if you're there. At some point her main character, Maxwell, makes it to Shakespeare's time. It's fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my kind of series, Pam! Thank you so much for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Hi there Susan! I like to visit new people and saw your blog in my friend Nila Bose's sidebar. I'm writing a vampire series set in the Renaissance, so lots of fun researching that!

    ReplyDelete