Wednesday, May 20, 2015

PERSONALLY...

     In April I only wrote about other people - specifically, people who lived and died 500 years ago.  So far in May, I've barely written about anything at all.  So maybe it's time for me to write about myself and my family and our little jaunt over the past weekend to Washington, D.C. TO ATTEND MY SON'S LAW SCHOOL GRADUATION!!
     But honestly, it's been such a crazy couple of weeks that I'm not sure I have enough brain power remaining to write anything coherent, let alone halfway intelligent.  So we'll compromise.  I'll just post pictures.

there's the grad
 
(is it just me, or is there something distinctly 16th-century about that cap and gown Nathan's wearing??)
 
 

                                  and there he is with his sister (left) and his girlfriend (right)

                                                         and here's the whole fam!!

So much happiness and pride I almost exploded... and still might, if I ever have enough energy!

4 comments:

  1. You must be so proud! Congratulations to him and to you, too!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne! Yep, we're all beyond proud - and I know you know what that feels like!

      Delete
  2. How fantastic is that? Law school is a big deal, and being the parent of a kid who makes it through adolescence and then law school is an even bigger deal. It's so gratifying and such a relief when all those years of advice couched in gentle suggestion, of biting our tongues and letting them figure things out for themselves, and of trying not to be vicariously crushed by every disappointment they endure--when it all pays off in this magic moment. Congratulations to your son and to you and your husband for guiding him to where he is now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful comment, Kern! Yes, I have to admit to feeling like I must have unwittingly done something right with these kids! But you're so right about the years of tongue-biting and trying not to get in the way...

      Delete