Monday, March 11, 2013

THIS IS NOT A POST

     It's just sort of a paltry substitute for a post, and its purpose is to say that I know I've violated my own rule by not blogging this past weekend, and I sat down at my computer both last night and
tonight fully intending to correct that error, only to find that I have nothing to say.  Usually that doesn't stop me, I admit, but this time... It got so bad that I found myself composing a post about my daughter's visit to the orthodontist this afternoon, and that was when I knew it was time to take a step back.
     I'll do a real post someday, I hope, if and when my brain returns from its journey to parts unknown.  Meanwhile, if you happen to turn off your computer at some point and don't know what to read, you can never go wrong with Auden's poetry.  But if you don't want to read his poetry right now, then, here - just read his face.  Study it for a long time, as if it were a map of a terrible and beautiful terrain.  You won't forget it any time soon.  


                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment